Peanut butter and banana and french toast fans unite! Better than plain old french toast, this stuffed french toast recipe is a unique combination of a peanut butter and banana sandwich and french toast. Wonder if Elvis would have like this? 😉
The filling has no added sugar, this way, you don’t overload on sugar if you use syrup. If you don’t want syrup but want a little extra sweetness, you can add a little dusting of powdered sugar on top.
If you don’t do peanut butter because of allergies or just don’t like it, you can try a nut butter that you like. Almond butter would be great with this!
If you like this recipe, be sure to pin it on pinterest! Just hover your mouse over the picture and click pin it!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ banana, sliced thin
- 3-4 TBS creamy peanut butter
- Spread peanut butter on both slices of bread in a thin layer. Try to avoid getting close to the edges so it doesn’t spill out. Add banana slices on top of the one slice of bread and and top with other slice of bread.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. Melt butter.
- Whisk together egg, vanilla and water and put in a shallow dish, big enough to fit the bread.
- Coat both sides of the “sandwich” by dipping into the egg mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip over and cook the other side.
If you wanted a variation, you could add raisins, cinnamon, or even marshmallow fluff. Ooooh, maybe I should try that! Stay tuned…