Avocado? In a cupcake? It may sound weird but if you are an avocado fan, you will be pleased.
Replacing the oil with avocado in the cupcakes makes it soft and fluffy.
The avocado taste in the frosting is subtle yet tasty. It lightly tints the frosting green so it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
What do you think? Have you ever had avocado in a dessert? Let us know!
- Boxed chocolate cake mix and the ingredients it calls for minus oil
- ⅓ C. Ripe avocado, mashed (to replace the ⅓ C. oil)
- 5 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Stick of butter, softened
- 1 Ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 tbs milk
- Follow directions on box, omitting oil and replacing equal amount of mashed avocado. Reduce baking time by 5 minutes. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and avocado until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until combined adding milk, as necessary, to desired consistency.